New Graham solo gigs

The man, the music, the stripy t-shirts

Moderators: mishmosh, Gypsy

Bronwyn

Re: New Graham solo gigs

Post by Bronwyn » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:23 pm

Hope you enjoyed your adventures!
Great to see G getting back on the stage, sadly there's no hope of me getting to a gig but I look forward to some great footage :D

mishmosh

Post by mishmosh » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:24 am

I bet it was quite an experience with plenty of tales to tell. Welcome back!

It's super GC is back performing his material again after such a long absence, I think it's safe it say we have missed him on stage. His intimate acoustic shows are rather lovely. :)

steve

Post by steve » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:55 am

Jakob wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:46 pm
Good for him cashing a bit in on the netflix crowd,hehe
i can see what you are saying but i very much doubt that graham will appeal to the type of audience that liked that show. it is a good way to get some promotion out of it but you have to get people to the venue to make it worthwhile. what i will say is the loyal fans deserve to see graham play live again. last time was 2005 so it is well overdue but apart from that i don't get it.

Fogg

Post by Fogg » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:42 pm

All the venues Graham's playing in the US only hold 500 or so.

I imagine the gig goers will be fans of Blur and the solo stuff, but he'll be talking about TEOTFW in interviews and whatnot.

I noticed they were plugging the British gig again the other day on Facebook. How hasn't that sold out already? It's a poky little venue. Admittedly, I still don't really know where Newcastle Under Lyme is, and I doubt it's got thousands of Coxon fans living there... Still, first gig in how many years? I thought the tickets would be like gold dust.

Fogg

Post by Fogg » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:43 pm

Did you mean 2015, Steve?

steve

Post by steve » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:36 pm

Fogg wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:43 pm
Did you mean 2015, Steve?
Foggy, i was meaning the fans in the states ... think the HIM tour was back in 2005

mishmosh

Post by mishmosh » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:37 pm

http://www.newvictheatre.org.uk/extra-s ... september/

Extra seats released ...behind Graham.

Sounds like the best seats have well and truly gone!

steve

Post by steve » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:48 am

Fogg wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:42 pm
All the venues Graham's playing in the US only hold 500 or so.

I imagine the gig goers will be fans of Blur and the solo stuff, but he'll be talking about TEOTFW in interviews and whatnot.

I noticed they were plugging the British gig again the other day on Facebook. How hasn't that sold out already? It's a poky little venue. Admittedly, I still don't really know where Newcastle Under Lyme is, and I doubt it's got thousands of Coxon fans living there... Still, first gig in how many years? I thought the tickets would be like gold dust.
yeah strange place to have the only uk gig... as for the us tour venues...i'd be very surprised if graham sold out any of those ... you'll get the blur fans and long term graham fans but as i've said before a lot of them have moved on to other things. as an example, when graham was last in the states around 2005, he was at his peak as a solo artist. that wa in the middle of his two best selling records. since then he has released 2 albums in 12 years. if you were around 18 then you are now in your 30's... the reality is graham has a very small fanbase and you can't expect to neglect a solo career then expect to sell out venues. you have a situation now where you are down to the hardcore fans.

Fogg

Post by Fogg » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:25 am

I think you're right. Still, it's up to him how he lives his life, playing dad and noodling away in that man cave doesn't sound like the worst way to rattle through the months, especially if you're not that enamoured by the faff of touring.

That said, the Roundhouse gig was 4yrs ago, I've just had facebook tell me that. Four years, wow. If I was in charge I'd make sure anyone with a talent like Graham's would be forced to show it off a bit more regularly. :D

steve

Post by steve » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:21 pm

Fogg wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:25 am
I think you're right. Still, it's up to him how he lives his life, playing dad and noodling away in that man cave doesn't sound like the worst way to rattle through the months, especially if you're not that enamoured by the faff of touring.

That said, the Roundhouse gig was 4yrs ago, I've just had facebook tell me that. Four years, wow. If I was in charge I'd make sure anyone with a talent like Graham's would be forced to show it off a bit more regularly. :D
totally agree.