this is shocking...

Tell it Like it Is

Moderators: mishmosh, Gypsy

steve
Posts: 329
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:14 pm

Re: this is shocking...

Post by steve » Tue May 29, 2018 4:25 pm

Fogg wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 2:30 pm
He's not been banged up for being friendly / unfriendly to an Iman, it's got more to do with reporting on a trial with reporting restrictions in place, whilst serving a suspended sentence for the exact same thing.

He's essentially serving time for being stupid. It's everything to do with contempt of court and nothing to do with freedom of speech.
okay so i'll start by saying fair play to leeds live and the independent for fighting the decision by the judge so that this can be reported. I'll agree it was a stupid thing to do as they are after any opportunity to close him down. The contempt of court is a fabricated charge to do just that.

So the question has to be asked, why the reporting restrictions? i have my own views on that.

have you watch the hour long video of tommy robinson outside the court?
if not then this is the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ4ENaesc7M&t=936s

that was what he was arrested for. He was told it was for breach of the piece. they decided to change that and say contempt of court after because the video clearly shows he was not acting in an aggressive manner or causing a breach of the piece. If you watch the video he clearly asked the police officer if he was okay to record away from the steps of the court. he was told yes. he can clearly be heard calling the defendants involved as "alleged to have carried out the crimes they are on trial for. He was not reporting on the trial, part one of the trial had concluded and they were getting the verdicts. that was the reason he was at court that day. So it was nothing to do with prejudicing the jury. So if you have watched the video, now watch this video by SAS reporting outside Leeds Court - 29 in court over 170 charges of sexual exploitation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsMWABPp7eU&t=306s
that was at the start of the trial. this is a link that includes all the photographs of the defendants on trial and what they are being tried for.

https://www.examiner.co.uk/news/gallery ... l-12887155

https://www.examiner.co.uk/news/trial-d ... e-13022848

this is all in the public domain. Now tell me what Tommy Robinson did wrong apart from just turning up.

as for not being banged up for being friendly / unfriendly to an Imam - but he's a racist and an Islamophobe isn't he? is that not what our fair reporting press would have you believe.

Fogg
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:28 pm

Re: this is shocking...

Post by Fogg » Tue May 29, 2018 5:15 pm

He is an Islamophobe. He'd surely not deny that?

Having skimmed through the video your argument does hold water. He doesn't appear to be acting aggressively, and he's mindful that he's serving that suspended sentence.

So, on the face of it, putting him behind bars does seem rather harsh, but he was still in breach of the reporting restriction and sailing close to the wind with that suspended sentence. He could have saved himself a lot of bother by vlogging from elsewhere.

steve
Posts: 329
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:14 pm

Re: this is shocking...

Post by steve » Tue May 29, 2018 6:11 pm

Fogg wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 5:15 pm

So, on the face of it, putting him behind bars does seem rather harsh, but he was still in breach of the reporting restriction and sailing close to the wind with that suspended sentence. He could have saved himself a lot of bother by vlogging from elsewhere.
totally agree with that. It was asking for trouble and one thing you can't take on is the law.

it depends on what you regard as being an Islamophobe.

In the Oxford Dictionary

/definition/islamophobe
A person with a dislike of or prejudice against Islam or Muslims, especially as a political force.
‘the group has accused him of being an Islamophobe and a racist’

Well he doesn't have a dislike or prejudice against muslims but he does have a dislike for Islam in its extreme form. Anyway it doesn't matter, labels are used by people and groups to try and close down debate.

My view is pretty much this
https://youtu.be/b-PP61qTmic?t=26

Fogg
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:28 pm

Re: this is shocking...

Post by Fogg » Wed May 30, 2018 10:03 am

Then there's this version of events....

https://thesecretbarrister.com/2018/05/ ... -robinson/

steve
Posts: 329
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:14 pm

Re: this is shocking...

Post by steve » Wed May 30, 2018 3:15 pm

Fogg wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 10:03 am
Then there's this version of events....

https://thesecretbarrister.com/2018/05/ ... -robinson/
I don't know who he is but would you call that fair and balanced reporting? I certainly wouldn't. he clearly comes with an agenda and it is too easy to spot with the name calling. No surprise there.

I'll pick him up on one thing, I am no expert, far from it but he talks about the judge "WATCHING HIS ARREST" from inside the court building. And said that "this is entirely irrelevant." If, as has happened in one of my cases, a member of the public starts shouting out at a judge mid-proceedings, the judge may direct the arrest of that person, and deal with them immediately for the contempt. Witnessing the arrest of an individual does not preclude a judge from dealing with that individual in these circumstances. This is, again, a complaint devoid of argument."

Okay but the alleged crime did not take place inside a court. The judge was looking from a window inside the court building as what was taking place on the street outside and was not part of the court grounds. So as I say I'm no expert but as far as I am aware a judge can't preside over a trial when he has been a witness to an alleged crime on a public street. I suspect a top QC such as Richard Kovalevsky who was Tommy's lawyer when he got the initial 3 months suspended would have done a far better job in representing his client.

https://www.2bedfordrow.co.uk/barrister ... levsky-qc/

The bottom line is you get what you pay for and Rebel Media paid for that lawyer to represent Robinson on that case and as far as I know they are getting him involved in an appeal. Another point to that is that all defendants should have access to the lawyer of their choice if they have the funds. He was not allowed that right.

I prefer this version of events...

https://www.steynonline.com/8675/tommy- ... my-go-away

and as always a very good balanced view from Maajid Nawaz

Maajid Nawaz's Unique View On Tommy Robinson's Arrest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FniPiSLut8

Fogg
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:28 pm

Re: this is shocking...

Post by Fogg » Wed May 30, 2018 7:12 pm

TBH I just don't have the interest / energy to trawl through more pages and videos. My view of Robinson, like yours, is entrenched and neither of us is going to convince the other we're right.

I just think the fact that people are being tried for grooming gang related offences means the system's working.

steve
Posts: 329
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:14 pm

Re: this is shocking...

Post by steve » Thu May 31, 2018 6:54 pm

Fogg wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 7:12 pm
TBH I just don't have the interest / energy to trawl through more pages and videos. My view of Robinson, like yours, is entrenched and neither of us is going to convince the other we're right.

I just think the fact that people are being tried for grooming gang related offences means the system's working.
foggy, i'm not trying to convince you of anything. I don't see why your view should be entrenched though unless it is the view you feel you must take because anything else would not sit well with your political views. I don't know I can only assume that is the reason. I am not aligned with any party or one set of views. I make up my own mind based on all the information I have, that is why I like to get other peoples opinion and question why they come to the conclusion they do. I find that it works best that way, the other way is to only listen to opinions that reinforce your existing position. I just don't see the point in that. But a lot of people - and I'm not saying you are one - are not comfortable having an alternative viewpoint. I have voted all across the parties in my time and i will continue to do that based on what I feel is more important at the time and the arguments that each party puts over. I'm a free thinker, i couldn't stand being told how to think by any political party or vote for them regardless of what they are saying.

As a final point, you say the system is working, well in February 2011, Tommy Robinson was interviewd by Paxman on Newsnight, you might have seen the interview. Paxman tried to make light of what he was talking about and did his best to look down his nose at what Robinson was saying about Muslim grooming gangs at that time. That was 2011 and the establishment including the main stream media didn't want to know.

A report was brought out in 2012 - "The report revealed that 16,500 children were at high risk of sexual exploitation and 2,409 had been sexually exploited in a 14-month period. It met with immediate criticism following its publication on Tuesday – with unnamed sources questioning the reliability of the numbers, while others accused it of failing to address a particular problem of the targeting of white girls by networks of British Pakistani men."

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... use-report

To this day we still have the main two parties still trying to avoid calling talking about the grooming / rape problem within the muslim community. This is especially so of the Labour party who for years turned a blind eye for fear of losing the muslim vote. In fact it was also stated that Muslim councillors in Rotherham tried to do all they could to block the investigation. One even gave one of them on trial a character reference. So I do find it a bit ironic when people say the system is working. If it is now then I think you will find that it is not because of Politicians, the Police or the Muslim community. It sis more to do with people such as Andrew Norfolk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzwVnzUt87k

steve
Posts: 329
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:14 pm

Re: this is shocking...

Post by steve » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:44 am

This is the most extreme right wing racist in Britain. Listen to this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p75fUW_diCc&t=802s

steve
Posts: 329
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:14 pm

Re: this is shocking...

Post by steve » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:05 am

steve wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:44 am
This is the most extreme right wing racist in Britain. Listen to this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p75fUW_diCc&t=802s
;) I hope you all watched that.

You'll like this song :lol:

https://youtu.be/BKA5DQKuRkI?t=52

anyway it looks like i am going to have to chat with myself again. That's okay i don;t mind. It's worth it even if just one person gets a better understanding of what tommy Robinson is saying and the issues he is highlighting. The mainstream media today are an absolute joke and and the two main political parties are just as bad. They not prepared to talk about the root cause of so much of the problems we are facing today. Seriously anyone who thinks that radical islam is not an issue are kidding themselves. Douglas Murray is also someone i admire a lot. Just search on youtube and listen to what he has to say. This is just a short clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UoJareHfIw&t=

anyway i've had my say for now

steve
Posts: 329
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:14 pm

Re: this is shocking...

Post by steve » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:30 pm

okay so take a look at this .... this is the report from todays metro...Protester, 62, ‘attacked policeman with walking stick’ during violent EDL rally

https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/12/proteste ... y-7625246/

This so called violent EDL rally was a protest about free speech at Speakers corner but lets not report the facts lets report fake news. And the incident lasted all of 30 seconds with some people pushing each other.

and this is the video of the whole incident. read that report then see exactly what happened.

https://youtu.be/dD4-KQc25KU?t=237

Post Reply