oh the irony ...

Tell it Like it Is

Moderators: mishmosh, Gypsy

steve

oh the irony ...

Post by steve » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:21 am

:lol: you have to laugh at the left getting hoisted by their own petard with the jo brand "joke" :lol:

brand is another example of how the bbc has went down the pan but thats for another time. anyway... we had the lefty snowflakes going crazy over the nazi pug and i wouldn't even rape you jokes, etc. they get on their moral high horse with this is just not acceptable and you can't joke about things like that. we are your moral guardians and we will let you know what is acceptable to laugh at. Rule number one is anything that makes fun of people who don't hold our view is funny anything else will not be tolerated and we will bring the full weight of the media and the police down on you if we have to.

these same people are now saying, lighted up, jo brand was joking when she said that she'd like it to be battery acid instead of milk.. now don't get me wrong, i don't care what this so called comedian says as i have made it clear on many occasions that i am in favour of free speech but it seems that the left are only in favour of free speech on their terms. funny that :lol: who would have thought it. so what we now have is the lefties with half a brain running around trying to dig up what Farage has said in the past to somehow make jo brand's comments acceptable. :lol: they don't get it :lol: it is not about what has been said. it is about the reaction to it. :lol:

Fogg

Re: oh the irony ...

Post by Fogg » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:34 pm

What you're seeing is consistency. Jo Brand has been chastised and she's had to apologise, so you've nothing to complain about really.

FWIW I think Jo should have been cut some slack, what she said was an acerbic joke made within a comedy programme, and anyone who interpreted it as a literal attempt to incite violence has some serious intelligence related issues if you ask me. FWIW I don't like Jo Brand, I've found her consistently and painfully unfunny since the mid 80s.

BUT... It's the sort of thing I'd say. If someone asks me whether I agree with smacking children I might say "Oh no, I'm dead against it.... I use a cattle prod on mine." Anyone who thinks I'm really advocating zapping kids with cattle prods is a muppet, and it's the same for anyone who took Jo Brand seriously.

As for Count Duncula, he's not a comedian, he's a prick, so he's fair game, and that UKIP fella stands for a dead party which no one votes for, he's allowed to be as idiotic as he likes if it allows the electorate to see him for what he is. An unelectable misogynist.

steve

Post by steve » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:02 pm

i have had a great day.... on the go since 6 shower work walk with the dog curry film and drinks :lol: life is so good

steve

Post by steve » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:44 am

And there you go Foggy, in one post you have just confirmed what I was talking about. You have decided that free speech is okay for Jo Brand but not for Count Dankula or Carl Benjamin. I take it you are joking because if you are not, your own bias is alamrming.

You have decided that Dankula is not a comedian, so he doesn't have the right to make a joke because some people might find offensive.

You know where that is going don't you?

it will get to a point where you have to think twice before you tell a joke or say something that "you find funny" just in case someone might over hear you and then report you to the police or if you post something online you could face the same consequences. They might have it totally out of context, but that doesn't matter as the judge ruled in the Dankula case "context does not matter". You have also decided that Carl Benjamin is not entitled to his free speech either because he stands for a “dead party” that no one votes for. So by that definition if he stood for a party that you approve of then he would have his right to free speech. Can you hear yourself. I won't even get on the "misogynist" comment. For another time maybe.

Another example we had George Galloway getting sacked from Talk radio after he said in a tweet "congratulations to Liverpool winning the Champions league - No #Israël flags on the Cup!" - He didn't say it on air but even if he did he he has every right to voice his opinion without fear of being sacked. I can't stand George Galloway, his views or what he stands for but he has the right to his opinion. He has the right to voice that opinion. If someone is offended by that then good, that is the true test of a society that allows everyone to have a different opinion. But what we now see is free speech being closed down by special interest groups by political opponents and by the politically correct moral guardians. It is happening every day of the week against ordinary people but we only hear about the Danny Baker's or the media celebs that are deemed to have stepped out of line.

The bottom line is if you think it's okay for Jo Brand to talk or joke in a manner that might offend then you also have to accept that people who you don't like or find funny, also have the right to the same free speech without fear of being arrested and prosecuted by the police. The state that Britain is in now regarding the thought police is shocking and anyone who likes freedom should do everything to stop the ever creep of state control. You can’t have it both ways. But you don’t want it both ways because you can’t handle that.

great summing up here from this guy on the bbc. he won't be allowed back.

https://youtu.be/r05TEzQXy8U?t=15

and the link to the Galloway video on itv. I don't agree with him but he is entitled to his opinion and he shouldn't have been sacked.

https://youtu.be/0M04Cqc7MTc?t=10

steve

Post by steve » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:42 pm

Fogg wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:34 pm
As for Count Duncula, he's not a comedian, he's a prick, so he's fair game
i know a number of people just read rather than interact with what is posted on this site. And that's fine. So i'd just let other people decide if you think Count Duncula is "a prick" and "fair game". For me he sees like an ordinary guy who has been demonised by the media and many people believe the media. As sad as that is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFraBEwucEY

Fogg

Post by Fogg » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:01 am

There is, of course, the possibility that I'm not biased, and the fact Hitler Dog guy was prosecuted and Jo Brand wasn't is because I'm right.

Fogg

Post by Fogg » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:53 am

steve wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:42 pm

For me he sees like an ordinary guy who has been demonised by the media and many people believe the media.
He's just an ordinary guy? An ordinary guy might spend a free afternoon watching a bit of telly, or perhaps gloss the radiators or something. Not this fella, no, he decided to devote a couple of hours teaching a dog to perform Nazi tricks on a "gas the Jews" command.

That's not ordinary.

steve

Post by steve » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:46 pm

Fogg wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:53 am

He's just an ordinary guy? An ordinary guy might spend a free afternoon watching a bit of telly, or perhaps gloss the radiators or something. Not this fella, no, he decided to devote a couple of hours teaching a dog to perform Nazi tricks on a "gas the Jews" command.

That's not ordinary.
lighten up Foggy :lol:

it was an attempt at humour. No dogs were harmed in the making of the video and i might be wrong but Buddha more than likely thought he was saying where’s the chews :lol:

You do know that you can watch a bit of telly, paint the radiators and make a youtube video. I think I’m pretty ordinary and at the moment in my spare time Im doing some painting and decorating. watching tv and doing some video editing. In the past i have also developed a computer game, created some animation as well as every day things.