Blur have never been better

Tell it Like it Is

Moderators: mishmosh, Gypsy

steve

Re: Blur have never been better

Post by steve » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:21 am

Fogg wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:30 pm
You're not alone in thinking that, Bowie ended up with a writing credit for MOR.

I'm sure I've seen a clip somehwere of Graham impersonating Bowie, telling Damon he's a very naughty boy.

I'd agree with you that Modern Life, Blur & 13 are the best three albums. But when I lived it I utterly loved Leisure, but they lost me when Popscene came out, I just thought it had all gone too artsy, commercial, Smash Hits for me. I'm not sure what I was listening to in '93 to '95, Blind Melon and Lenny Kravitz, probably, but it wasn't any Blur past Leisure.

I'm a bit unusual, I think, because I ended up getting into Blur via Graham's solo stuff rather than the other way round. I've never particularly loved any of Damon's side projects, for me Blur were always a band at their best when Graham's contribution is the most evident.
like i've said i don't have one album that i'd say was the best... the ones you listed are good but in terms of quality i'd say parklike and the great escape have more quality but these two albums also have some poor songs.