Tell it Like it Is

Moderators: mishmosh, Gypsy

skweetis2u

Re: What's going on with you, then?

Post by skweetis2u » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:40 am

....cheers - ya - i was a runner for about 15 years before i switchd to
lap swimming - straining leg muscles was always a bitch - usually happened
when i wasn't in top shape yet (making a comeback of sorts) and i just remember
groin muscle pulls (inside of the leg - long muscle from the knee to the crotch...,
usually had to go a minimum of 3 weeks off - that was so frustrating
being in tip top shape and thoroughly warmed up and stretched is prob'ly the
only way to avoid it. not as easy as it sounds of course....

mishmosh

Post by mishmosh » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:31 pm

Don't do a Jade Goody on us! Curry, Chinese takeaways and four hours' training resulted in her turning blue and giving up at 18 miles because she didn't realise how far a marathon was. :lol:

Sorry to hear about the injury, have you seen a physio or sports massage therapist about it? As you say, there's a place for you next year if you don't make it. Sounds like you've been running on guts and fumes, my dear boy! Best of luck. :)

13d

Post by 13d » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:32 pm

hey-lo hope everyone is doing OK =_=

just cleared out the fridge.. houmus? hummus? .. anyways, cooked some broccoli & added with quorn scotch eggs & vegetarian haggis.. mixed it together & took it outside for the foxes.. snowing here a little again & I kinda feel sorry for them.. there were a few born last year i think & they stay in the bushes & trees round the side.. left some crisp-bread out for the birds too.. there were some magpies sleeping (or pretending to) in the tree outside my window.. see if it's all there in the morning ... anyways.. hi-5's

steve

Post by steve » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:05 am

13d wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:32 pm

just cleared out the fridge.. houmus? hummus? .. anyways, cooked some broccoli & added with quorn scotch eggs & vegetarian haggis.. mixed it together & took it outside for the foxes.. snowing here a little again & I kinda feel sorry for them.. there were a few born last year i think & they stay in the bushes & trees round the side.. left some crisp-bread out for the birds too.. there were some magpies sleeping (or pretending to) in the tree outside my window.. see if it's all there in the morning ... anyways.. hi-5's
nice one... good to hear. hope all is well with you

mishmosh

Post by mishmosh » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:07 pm

Just fed the birds on your advice, hopefully they'll find the food before the rats next door. :evil: Loved the fact you're feeding them Quorn scotch eggs & vegetarian haggis - you're so Scottish. I leave mine afternoon tea and crumpets.

Hope things are improving for you, 13D. I've finally found something which is helping my crippling anxiety which has blighted my life over the past two years - low dose CBD oil (cannabis oil) . Great stuff, you can even buy it in Holland and Barrett!

steve

Post by steve » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:33 pm

mishmosh wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:07 pm
Just fed the birds on your advice, hopefully they'll find the food before the rats next door. :evil: Loved the fact you're feeding them Quorn scotch eggs & vegetarian haggis - you're so Scottish. I leave mine afternoon tea and crumpets.

Hope things are improving for you, 13D. I've finally found something which is helping my crippling anxiety which has blighted my life over the past two years - low dose CBD oil (cannabis oil) . Great stuff, you can even buy it in Holland and Barrett!
you gotta feed the birds...

and glad that you have got something that is helping :)

Fogg

Post by Fogg » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:19 pm

mishmosh wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:31 pm
Don't do a Jade Goody on us! Curry, Chinese takeaways and four hours' training resulted in her turning blue and giving up at 18 miles because she didn't realise how far a marathon was.
Thanks for that. I had no idea what "doing a Jade Goody" meant. It could be so many thanks, and none of them good.

I'm feeling like I'm on the mend now, but I've pretty much 3wks+ training, and I'm not too sure where I'll be when I'm 100%. The sensible thing is to skip this year and leave it till next, but I'll keep my ooptions open for the minute.

mishmosh

Post by mishmosh » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:12 pm

That's a shame, but sounds wise. At least it gives me 12 months to organise a #TeamFogg cheerleading team at around mile 2!
and glad that you have got something that is helping :)
Thanks Steve. I now just need someone to kick my neighbour in the nuts for a decent night's kip, are you any good at martial arts? :P

steve

Post by steve » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:25 pm

Fogg wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:19 pm
I'm feeling like I'm on the mend now, but I've pretty much 3wks+ training, and I'm not too sure where I'll be when I'm 100%. The sensible thing is to skip this year and leave it till next, but I'll keep my ooptions open for the minute.
that's a difficult one. I guess only you know if you are fit enough but having trained all year it must be tempting to give it a go.

steve

Post by steve » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:29 pm

mishmosh wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:12 pm
Thanks Steve. I now just need someone to kick my neighbour in the nuts for a decent night's kip, are you any good at martial arts? :P
unfortunately not but what about putting some headphones on and listen to that midnight chat with coxon that was on last week, it did the trick for me :lol: or some other chat