Modern life is rubbish...

Tell it Like it Is

Moderators: mishmosh, Gypsy

steve

Modern life is rubbish...

Post by steve » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:59 pm

I despair about modern society I really do. Words fail me about this teacher in Oxford who said well done girls to a group that included a girl (who the bbc described as a student) who identifies as a boy :lol: the first mistake he made was to apologise but that wasn't good enough. After a week-long investigation the school found he had "misgendered" the pupil and "contravened the school's equality policy". Seriously you couldn't make this up. This is kids we are talking about... Seriously the loony left have a lot to answer for. I honestly don't know where this will all end...

Fogg

Re: Modern life is rubbish...

Post by Fogg » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:22 am

I got into an argument the other day with someone who strongly objects to supermarket signs saying "feminine hygiene", this, apparently, is offensive to intersex menstruators.

I sort of thought "FFS, pick your battles", and even if you are intersex I'd imagine it's the feminine part of your identity that puts you in the market for some Lillets, or whatever?

You know what it is Steve? It's political correctness gone mad, that's what it is.

steve

Post by steve » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:39 pm

totally agree it's bonkers.

what makes me laugh is the way certain people today are so easily offended or maybe they want to be seen as a victim, would be a better way to describe it. I don't care what a person is or what they say they are just get on with being who you are... simple ... like i don’t care what sexuality you are, i'm not interested. like all this coming out nonsense making big statements... what i see is someone who says look at me i'm not like you i'’m different and you're not recognising that. I'm all for treating people equally and respecting a persons individuality but stuff like what you described pushes me the other way.

steve

Post by steve » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:32 pm

the whole world has gone crazy :lol: you couldn't make it up. i really worry about the world we are creating for the future generations. sad.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43027764

mishmosh

Post by mishmosh » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:21 am

steve wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:32 pm
the whole world has gone crazy :lol: you couldn't make it up. i really worry about the world we are creating for the future generations. sad.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43027764
Good grief. What a time to be alive!

:roll: :roll: :lol:

steve

Post by steve » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:16 pm

seriously is this what it has come to now. I really worry about what is happening to society. With all that is going on and all the problems the police and the courts take this guy to court. That is bad enough but then to give him 8 months in prison... it is beyond the joke...his crime people was to give a 10 year old boy a haircut. I think this says it all

"Prosecutor Alex Radley said: "The young man was proud of his hairstyle and felt that it was important to him. He suffered psychological and physical harm." :lol: seriously... what are we creating...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/0 ... sent-jail/

mishmosh

Post by mishmosh » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:37 pm

Surely that story's an April Fool's Day wind up! 8 months? Get outta here!

:o

steve

Post by steve » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:41 am

no i'm afraid it is true.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-be ... s-43825429

right so the boy calls the police... the fact that they actually came to see about it is laughable enough but to then arrest the guy is incredible. They could well have said ... both of you are in the wrong but it is not a criminal matter. The barber, has no previous, he admitted straight away what had happened, so he's not wasting police time investigating. He's held his hands up and said it was stupid but this was the reason why... yet after that the police send this to the cps and charge him. If that wasn't bad enough the case goes ahead and he gets 8 months... bloody hell. you couldn't make this up. we have scum who are committing crime time and time again, serial offenders who don't get 8 months. words fail me.

mishmosh

Post by mishmosh » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:32 am

It is clear that some judges are unfit for office, I just can't get my head around such a ridiculous sentence. Maybe there's a lot more to the story than was reported ie. the child had learning difficulties and/or the barber had done it before etc... regardless, what a waste of public funds.

Beware of criminal Asian barber gangs, you heard it here first. :lol:

steve

Post by steve » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:02 pm

mishmosh wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:32 am
Beware of criminal Asian barber gangs, you heard it here first. :lol:
:lol:
mishmosh wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:32 am
It is clear that some judges are unfit for office, I just can't get my head around such a ridiculous sentence. Maybe there's a lot more to the story than was reported ie. the child had learning difficulties and/or the barber had done it before etc... regardless, what a waste of public funds

it said that he had no previous convictions and as soon as the police arrived he said what he had done. So we have someone with no previous and he's admitted that he was in the wrong. I know what you mean about the judge but it should never have got to court.

I know you are trying to make sense of it but doesn't sound to me like he had learning difficulties "Alex Radley, representing the boy, said
"The young man was proud of his hairstyle and felt that it was important to him," - the boy was ten years old and for god's sake and he's calling the police because he got his head shaved after being caught playing with a razor. The world has gone crazy. If that had happened to me when i was that age i would have got battered when i got home. This boy calls the police and they take it seriously.