The Kiss of Morning
Happiness in Magazines
Love Travels at Illegal Speeds
The Spinning Top
A+E

Sheilasa

Re: Favourite Album

Post by Sheilasa » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:45 am

I most probably play The spinning top more than the others,but I like HIM and LTAIS. I have a soft spot for the Sky is Too High. Actually each album has some real gems on them that I like to play just those songs sometimes. Although I have not been able to get a copy of Crow Sit on Blood Tree, so I don't know what that's like. Maybe I just need to go and listen to all of them through again!!!! :roll: :D

northernmonkey

Post by northernmonkey » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:14 pm

I am new to the forum, but mine would have to be HIM, although it is as about as original as being asked what your favourite Blur album is and the answer being Parklife. I just love the energy of HIM, but was never keen on the follow up LTAIS, similar in the fact it was more of a commercial album, but never really grabed me. Always liked Kiss of the Morning too :)

Fogg

Post by Fogg » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:58 pm

Hello & welcome Northen Monkey. :D

HIM is my favourite too. It is arguably the most immediate and least strange of all the solo albums, but there's nothing wrong with that.

If they were my work The Spinning Top is probaby the one I'd be most proud of.

northernmonkey

Post by northernmonkey » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:30 pm

TSP was a nice change in direction, and it was great that Graham was at a point in his career that he could do something a little different that would show a different side to his guitar. Although I did like songs on the album that were more of his traditional style like Dead Bee's. I look forward to his next release.

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:24 pm

This is so tough, but I have to choose The Sky Is Too High. Absolutely brilliant. Angsty and abrasive, screechy and serene, so many beautiful moments. And That's All I Wanna Do is easily my favorite Graham album opener. The sonic explosion NEVER gets tiring.

Tied for second is probably The Spinning Top and Kiss of Morning. The Spinning Top is a favorite just due to the existence of Brave the Storm... one of the most sublime songs I've ever had the pleasure of hearing.

Moritz

Post by Moritz » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:16 pm

The Sky Is Too High is realy good, well balanced acoustic tunes. I would also choose Crow Sit On Blood Tree because of the same reasons. There are also good songs in Happiness In Magazines and The Golden D. This album seems to be very forgotten, propably because it's no that chart music, but I always liked the Mission of Burma covers on it.