Falling

The man, the music, the stripy t-shirts

Moderators: mishmosh, Gypsy

steve

Re: Falling

Post by steve » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:31 am

Graham’s nailed those vocals... it is a difficult song because the of the emotional content of the lyrics but he’s done a great job... but more important is the message and it's one that needs highlighting…

Bronwyn

Post by Bronwyn » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:49 pm

Such a beautiful song and very tragic too. It's a subject that has also affected me so it was (and still is) upsetting to listen to. I can't imagine how difficult it must have been for Graham to record it, I've always struggled with songs that remind me of events/people and it takes a lot to sing them without becoming a blubbering mess.
Looking forward to the vinyl, listened to Luke's version on spotify, very talented guy. The services for mental health are seriously lacking so this is a great campaign that will hopefully create more awareness, understanding and support.

Legless Owl

Post by Legless Owl » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:40 pm

Bronwyn wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:49 pm
I can't imagine how difficult it must have been for Graham to record it, I've always struggled with songs that remind me of events/people and it takes a lot to sing them without becoming a blubbering mess.
Oh, i'm with you on that. I used to love "Vincent" by Don McLean, it was one of my favourite songs. Now I find it really hard to listen to it. My husband suffered from a personality disorder (Kretshmer personality = paranoiac illness) which ended up with his suicide, and Don McLean's lyrics speak volumes to me.

Now I understand what you tried to say to me
How you suffered for your sanity
How you tried to set them free
They would not listen, they did not know how
Perhaps they'll listen now

For they could not love you
But still your love was true
And when no hope was left in sight
On that starry, starry night
You took your life, as lovers often do
But I could have told you, Vincent
This world was never meant for one
As beautiful as you

:(

Anyway, to come back to Graham, what a beautiful video. Find it touching and relaxing and I love the ending (after the end of the song)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7lzm0v ... e=youtu.be

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:14 pm

steve wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:31 am
Graham’s nailed those vocals... it is a difficult song because the of the emotional content of the lyrics but he’s done a great job... but more important is the message and it's one that needs highlighting…
Totally agree, have had some Rioja tonight so unable to make an intelligent well thought through comment of my own at the moment - but totally agree with that.

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:14 pm

Also, cheers! :mrgreen: