Falling

The man, the music, the stripy t-shirts

Moderators: mishmosh, Gypsy

Fogg

Falling

Post by Fogg » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:37 am

Good at keeping projects under wraps, our Graham.

Gypsy

Re: Falling

Post by Gypsy » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:09 am

What's it all about? I saw it briefly on FB yesterday but couldn't find any more info.

Sheilasa

Post by Sheilasa » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:03 pm

I saw it on fb this morning, tried to search it but couldn't find anything...looking forward to hearing something new! :)

mishmosh

Post by mishmosh » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:01 pm

Does anyone know who Luke Daniel is? According to my mate Google, there used to be a guitarist with the same name in Manc band, Swiss Lips, but it may not be him of course.

Beautiful artwork, I wonder whether it's a single track/EP/album? Regardless, it's great to hear some long awaited news on the GC front.

I've got a busy evening ahead, so I'll be unable to tune in later on. Do report back, pretty please! :P

Fogg

Post by Fogg » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:20 pm

Fogg

Post by Fogg » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:28 pm

Legless Owl

Post by Legless Owl » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:45 pm

Well, you probably know what it's all about now, but just in case:
Falling, a new release in support of The Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) will be made available as a digital download on 1st December, 7” vinyl available for pre-order, released on 15th December.

The song was written by a talented unknown songwriter and dedicated father Luke Daniel, who after a long fight with chronic pain, tragically ended his own life last year. Graham’s version of the track features on the double A-side, which includes Luke’s original home recording.

The CALMzone
https://www.thecalmzone.net
Part of the proceeds of Falling will go to The Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM), an award-winning charity dedicated to preventing male suicide, the single biggest killer of men under the age of 45 in the UK.
Knowing the story behind it makes the song even more emotional.

Seeing past the fact that suicide is a case close to my heart for obvious reasons, I absolutely love the song. I've been listening to it the whole evening. I love the raw emotion in Graham's voice, it touches me more than I could explain. I don't know, there's something both fragile and strong in the way he sings that one. The song makes me feel both sad and optimist, but also serene...

Sheilasa

Post by Sheilasa » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:10 am

I have just listened to it this morning, it is a beautiful, poignant song and Graham sounds so good. I haven't yet listened to the original version, but I imagine Graham has done it justice with his version. :)

Fogg

Post by Fogg » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:02 am

Luke's version is on Spotify.

https://open.spotify.com/track/6CG1nn1sLzrFSUKGi8VpcO

It's a harrowing listen knowing the backstory. So sad.

Moritz

Post by Moritz » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:29 pm

The tune sounds good. Hopefully, there will be a bit more output in the next time.