Modern life is rubbish...

Tell it Like it Is

Moderators: mishmosh, Gypsy

steve

Modern life is rubbish...

Post by steve » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:59 pm

I despair about modern society I really do. Words fail me about this teacher in Oxford who said well done girls to a group that included a girl (who the bbc described as a student) who identifies as a boy :lol: the first mistake he made was to apologise but that wasn't good enough. After a week-long investigation the school found he had "misgendered" the pupil and "contravened the school's equality policy". Seriously you couldn't make this up. This is kids we are talking about... Seriously the loony left have a lot to answer for. I honestly don't know where this will all end...

Fogg

Re: Modern life is rubbish...

Post by Fogg » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:22 am

I got into an argument the other day with someone who strongly objects to supermarket signs saying "feminine hygiene", this, apparently, is offensive to intersex menstruators.

I sort of thought "FFS, pick your battles", and even if you are intersex I'd imagine it's the feminine part of your identity that puts you in the market for some Lillets, or whatever?

You know what it is Steve? It's political correctness gone mad, that's what it is.

steve

Re: Modern life is rubbish...

Post by steve » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:39 pm

totally agree it's bonkers.

what makes me laugh is the way certain people today are so easily offended or maybe they want to be seen as a victim, would be a better way to describe it. I don't care what a person is or what they say they are just get on with being who you are... simple ... like i don’t care what sexuality you are, i'm not interested. like all this coming out nonsense making big statements... what i see is someone who says look at me i'm not like you i'’m different and you're not recognising that. I'm all for treating people equally and respecting a persons individuality but stuff like what you described pushes me the other way.